Career Contacts is a full service HR & Recruitment consulting firm. Through our services, Career Contacts builds bridges with candidates and corporate clients. We are passionate about our two-pronged goals in ensuring that companies hire the right person, and that job seekers find the right employer.
Our client has a range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction, E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, etc.. They are currently looking for an experienced Construction Manager to plan construction projects and oversee their progress in a timely and cost-effective manner. This role will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of projects.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
Start Date: Immediate
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Wage: $75,000 -100,000 per year, based on education and experience
Location: Kelowna, BC
- Full benefits plan including EHC, Life/AD&D, LTD coverage
- Collaborative team environment
- Competitive salary
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion: Planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications and budget
- Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Reviewing the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Preparing and submitting construction project budget estimates
- Planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitoring progress against established schedules
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Obtaining necessary licenses and permits
- Directing the purchase of building materials
- Developing and implementing quality control programs
- Hiring and supervising the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Preparing progress reports and issuing progress schedules
- Extremely proactive - plans ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Analyses, manages, and mitigates risks
- Demonstrated working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Familiarity with construction management software packages
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
Please submit your resume in a Word document via the link provided here. Hit "Apply" and let us know why you are the right fit for this role. We look forward to receiving your application.
Career Contacts is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Construction, Mining and Trades Management and Executive