Position: Configuration Management Specialist
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
General Fusion is transforming how the world is energized by developing the first commercially viable fusion power plant. Fusion will deliver clean, safe, and on-demand power at industrial scale, providing a powerful complement to renewables and a pathway to a zero-emission grid.
Combining new technologies, proven industrial processes, and advances in fundamental fusion science, General Fusion aims to be the first in the world to develop commercial fusion power. Key performance requirements have been demonstrated at the system level, setting the stage for building a pre-commercial fusion power prototype.
We are looking for a Configuration Management Specialist to join our Design Engineering Program team. Reporting to the Design Engineering Program Manager, the Configuration Management Specialist will be responsible for developing processes, procedures and systems to support the design and implementation of complex, first of a kind engineering projects. The Configuration Management Specialist will draw from their extensive industry experience and develop customized solutions that provide high value to the design engineering team.
- Develop custom engineering processes and procedures suitable for a fast-paced company that is developing complex, first of a kind technology.
- Be a subject matter expert on structured engineering design reviews, established analysis tools such as DFMEA, HAZOP, RAMBO and fault tree analysis, as well as innovative/non-standard design analysis methodologies.
- Develop engineering quality standards and practices such as engineering drawings, process and instrumentation diagrams and independent review and verification of engineering work.
- Tailor engineering processes and procedures specific to different engineering groups, including mechanical, electrical, controls and software engineering
- Look forward through the design, implementation and operation phases of our Fusion Demonstration Plant project, and future projects, to identify engineering processes and procedures that will be required and to plan their development and implementation.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand gaps/opportunities in existing engineering workflows and propose improvements
- Organize and run training sessions in support of new processes
- Operationalize and administer processes such as change management, configuration management and design analysis
Relevant Education, Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- 10+ years’ experience working in an engineering environment
- Demonstrated expertise in customizing and implementing effective processes, procedures and systems in a complex engineering environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Experience with Solidworks suite of software (Solidworks, PDM, Electrical Schematic, etc.)
- Change Management or Quality Management certification
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours
- Four weeks’ vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Contribution
- Support for professional development
- Great company culture – social events, food trucks, bike rides, Sun Run, etc.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
General Fusion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.