As a Community Manager with Smoking Gun (SGI), you’re well-versed on community management and have a passion for games. You’re a social media posting guru who possesses a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a can-do attitude. No project is too big or small for you and you’re excited to work on new things and create new processes as SGI continues to grow. You’re embedded within our development team, so you’re a natural team player and understand the functions of the different disciplines on a game team.
In this role you will:
- Monitor the feedback and communication from our community;
- Work with production teams to solve community reported issues, and communicate solutions back to community members;
- Engage with the community in-game, on forums, social network sites, and at conventions;
- Work with the production teams and the Producers to set communication guidelines, and prioritize announcements and releases;
- Develop systems to track and report on community activity, being able to read and synthesize broad community sentiment and social activity on key topics;
- Write reports and summarize actionable items based on player and game research;
- Pro-actively inform other departments of potential issues and offer solutions to assist with problems;
- Represent the players in discussions with the production team;
- Write, publish and manage community-oriented content (news, devblogs, changelogs, surveys, etc.);
- Work with the People & Culture Team on social media strategies for the studio;
- Work with Marketing to develop PR and marketing strategies for release;
- Liaise with media, individuals, and organizations;
- Write and edit publicity material, articles and reports;
- Communicate and coordinate efforts with our publishing partners;
- Identify and assist key influencers from across the community, wherever they may be found and work with them to build community initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Previous experience in the gaming industry;
- 2+ years of community engagement;
- Experience in the online space: social media channels, forums, websites, IRC etc;
- Ability to adopt appropriate tone and style in different messaging as required – from forums to blogs to tweets;
- Experience working with development teams;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.);
- Experience with strategy or free to play games is a plus;
- Experience working and communicating with external teams & studios.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Language primarily used: English
Wage Range: $58,000-$100,000 Annually
Administrative Customer Service and Support