Position Summary COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, WEB Job ID: 3709 REGULAR FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST, WEB POSITION SUMMARY:
The Communications Specialist, Web, supports the development, implementation and optimization of website design and content strategies. She/he/they draft and manage content for the website, support various web production projects, and coordinate the maintenance of BC Housing's websites. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Diploma or certification in web design development, digital communications, marketing, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of three years progressive related experience in communications in the areas of digital strategy and content creation, and maintenance of complex websites. Experience in working with Content Management Systems, UX optimization, usability assessments and service delivery websites.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of current web editing tools, HTML and CSS
- Sound knowledge of content strategy and best practices in UX, including information architecture development
- Sound knowledge Content Management Systems and website analytics programs
- Some knowledge of strategic communications planning, content development and strategy
- Sound knowledge and understanding of best practices in web governance, web accessibility, digital standards, copyright/privacy laws, and Search Engine Optimization
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Some knowledge and experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies
- Strong writing and editing abilities, including ability to communicate with various online audiences using best practices and plain language
- Strong interpersonal skills with openness, collaboration and the ability to work in a group setting.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressures, with scrupulous attention to details
- Ability to assist the development of creative digital strategies to support business objectives of the organization
- Ability to create multi-media packages within an online content-management system
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve and mediate complex situations
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to implement business objectives
- Ability to be sensitive to the diverse perspectives of stakeholders and work with them to resolve differences and work cohesively together Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner and display a high degree of judgement, discretion and decision-making ability
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Lived and / or professional experience with communities facing marginalization is an asset
Software and Programming