Our mission is simple: Be the easiest place to buy and sell your car in Canada.
Since day one, Canada Drives has been using technology in unprecedented ways to drive positive change in the auto industry. By putting people at the centre of everything we do, we reimagined every step of the car shopping journey to create a fairer, safer, and stress-free way for Canadians to buy, sell, and trade a vehicle.
Now you can search our online inventory of thousands of certified used vehicles and have your perfect ride delivered to your doorstep as quickly as the same day. And you can do it all at your own pace-no pressure, no haggling, and no risk of buyer's remorse thanks to our 7-day return guarantee.
Backed by some of North America's top tech investors including KAR Global, Anthos Capital, and Honor Ventures (200M+ investments), Canada Drives is growing fast with a strong culture shaped by values like innovation and empathy. We've been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies (Deloitte), one of the Technology Fast 50 (Deloitte), and one of Canada's Top Growing Companies (Globe and Mail).
Canada Drives is searching for a Communications Manager to lead our PR and communications across the organization. This role will lead our media relations, communications, and influencer strategies and support our internal team with all aspects of communication.
As the Communication Manager, you will be responsible for working with our internal and agency partners to deliver compelling narratives to the media to position our brand as the market leader. This position requires you to be entrepreneurial, organized, and communicate effectively with senior stakeholders within and outside our organization.
The Communications Manager will:
- Develop and lead the Canada Drives media relations strategy from concept through execution.
- Develop and lead the communications strategy with media partners.
- Work with collaboration partners to bring services and brand stories to market.
- Develop a strategy for influencer relationships, including service promotion, contests and events.
- Develop and facilitate long and short lead press opportunities, interviews and service placement across print, online, and events.
- Report on campaign performance and earned coverage.
- Develop, maintain, and grow media relationships.
- Support the organization across internal communication strategy & execution.
- Develop and support crisis communication planning and strategies.
- Manage award nomination submissions and subsequent media communications.
- Write, edit and manage communication pieces ensuring brand tone & voice is maintained.
- At least 5 years of experience in a PR-related position with a lifestyle brand or agency.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, or another relevant field.
- Direct experience in communications/PR field, preferably with an agency.
- Project management experience.
- Strong understanding of the Canadian media landscape.
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools and strategies.
- Proven strategic planning, project management, research, and technical skills.
- Excellent writing ability with demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Press style guides.
- Willingness to work flexible hours under changing conditions.
Sales and Marketing