Position Summary ** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Radiology department.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, and working without general supervision, the Combined Laboratory/X-Ray Technologist performs a variety of routine X-Ray and ECG procedures in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and standards as defined by respective service and accrediting bodies. Performs routine and preventative maintenance of equipment and trouble shoots equipment problems as required. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Monday to Friday Days 08:00 to 16:00Stewart Health Centre
provides walk-in emergency services and 24/7 on-call service that includes a Physician, RN, Diagnostic. It offers pre- and post-natal infant and child care, diagnostic, lab and medical clinic. There is videoconferencing with oncology, Dietician, Diabetic Nurse as well as Visiting specialist clinics - Orthopedics, Psychiatry, Surgeon, Pediatrician, Rheumatologist, Mental Health Clinician.Stewart
has a population 401 residents. It is located at the head of Portland Canal, a steep, narrow ocean inlet that forms a natural border between British Columbia and Alaska is the community of Stewart. Check out Stewart , home to towering snow-capped mountains and the hanging glaciers of Bear Pass.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.Qualfications
• Graduation from an approved Combined Laboratory X-Ray Technologist program. Eligible for registration with a provincial licensing body.
• One year of general experience in both laboratory and diagnostic imaging fields or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.