This is an excellent for an entry-level member our Product Compliance Team, responsible for providing codes and standards engineering support for Ballard's fuel cell products. This individual will use standard engineering principles and technical skills to review product requirements, source relevant industry standards, work with cross functional engineers on the interpretation and application of standards in support of Ballard product development for fuel cell stacks and fuel cell systems. Responsibilities:
- Product Compliance
- Source relevant industry standards
- Administer the codes and standards library including support of implementing codes and standards into product requirements management software
- Work with the product compliance team to prepare certification plans
- Support the certification and product engineering teams with tracking compliance to certification plans and standards
- Ensure all required design data is collected and tracked in a traceable manner
- Reporting out on certification tracking and outstanding actions
- Driving required engineering actions for certification to completion
- Report writing and compilation of technical information
- Communicate with third party certification agencies or notified bodies
- Mechanical/Science or equivalent Engineering degree (B.ASc or M.ASc)
- 1- 5 years of related experience in engineering or related fields in product compliance/codes and standards.
- Industry experience in motive technologies preferred
- Knowledge of REACH, RoHS, Conflict mineral, and IMDS initiatives are an asset
- Knowledge of various fuel cell related standards are an asset (e.g. IEC 62282-3-300, IEC 60079, UN GTR, ISO and SAE Road Vehicle standards)
Experience with the following tools is an asset:
- Ability to summarize large amounts of data into decision ready information
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, VBA Macros, Powerpoint, etc)
We are looking for someone who excels in providing solutions to completion and can contribute to developing the department and the team. If you meet the above qualifications and on a personal level are highly creative, hardworking, achievement focused, possess a strong attention to detail, superb communication and interpersonal skills, this opportunity may be of interest to you.
Ballard values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.