The Business, Security & End User Services (BSES) department of WorkSafeBC is looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, innovative Co-op Student, Technology Analyst
to join our team to help us strive towards our vision.
Business, Security & End-User Services department in the Innovation & Technology Division of WorkSafeBC provides a full complement of technology support, from support services, technology provisioning, technology enablement, and service management. Our focus is always on our end-users and prioritizing the client experience.
This is an 4-month temporary opportunity beginning in May 2024, with possibility of extension. How you'll make a difference:
You'll apply what you've learned in your post-secondary program to benefit workers and employers across B.C. Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model
that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally in our Richmond office. What you'll do What you'll do
Is this a good fit for you? Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions to understand business needs
- Research various technology products and applications
- Support continuous improvement activities that expand and enhance the use of end user technology platform capabilities across the organization
- Previous tutoring or teaching experience is preferred
- Speak to mid/large audiences on end-user technology
- Think strategically when reviewing business needs
- Analyze and demonstrate critical thinking to understand business processes at an enterprise level
- Demonstrate self-motivation by creating and executing plans
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members
Hear from past co-op students on what it's like to work here. Your background and experience
Important to know
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program and majoring in either Behavioural Science, Science, Business or Arts
- Demonstrated interest or aptitude in technology is required
- Previous co-op or relevant work experience in an office environment is preferred
- Previous research or analyst experience is preferred
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
- Confirm you're a registered student at a post-secondary institution
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. Our Benefits
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- 4% in lieu of benefits
- 4% in lieu of vacation
Discover who we are .
Salary: $24.55/hourly Want to apply?
- A cover letter, resume and transcript are required. Your cover letter should state your availability (four or eight months).
- Submit all documents in one file (either Word or PDF files).
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.