Are you interested in applying your talents and knowledge and gaining valuable experience to support worker health and safety? Working in our IT team is a unique opportunity to do work that matters. We provide a highly-collaborative environment where co-op students can learn, contribute and develop their skills working on challenging projects that help make a difference to the workers and employers of B.C. We are seeking three students to work in our Enterprise DevOps department for an 8-month work term.
These are hybrid positions, primarily working remotely, but you'll be required to work one day each month in our Richmond office with your team. What you'll do As a Software Development Co-op student, you will:
Develop software with various tools and technologies:
- Database: MS SQL, DB2
- Testing: JUnit, Selenium, JMeter
- Cloud: Azure, Application Insights, Application Services
DevOps and Agile:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Fast paced Scrum sprints
- Operational metrics, monitoring and shift-left problem identification and resolution
- Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Writing and maintaining test automation scripts
- Test automation
Your experience and educational background:
- Contribute to a positive work environment by collaborating and working effectively as a member of the team
- Think critically while also having fun working through complex problems
- Demonstrate knowledge with at least one of the programming languages or technologies mentioned above, while pursuing experience growth and development in large scale enterprise systems sustainment and development
- Enrolled in a computer science or computer engineering related program
- Previous co-op or relevant work experience in an office environment preferred
- A cover letter, resume and transcript are required.
- Submit all documents in one file (system accepts Word or PDF files).
- The posting will close at 4:30pm on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
WorkSafeBC has adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer .
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.
To learn more about our student opportunities, meet Jack and learn how his experience here helped him build his skillsets and expand his knowledge.