Would you like to be part of a high performing team focused on delighting customers of all sizes, across a variety of industries? Do you have the sales acumen and technical aptitude to guide companies to adopt cloud services? Do you have the grit and organizational skill to actively prospect in and engage with a large number of accounts? Amazon Web Services provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. We are growing our Sales team to help more companies make the move to AWS, and achieve their business outcomes. If you are passionate about the cloud and have the skills, this role provides the opportunity to introduce the most relevant cloud solutions from the leading cloud company to new customers.
This role is responsible for acquiring new customers, growing consumption of current and new AWS services and enabling innovation within an assigned territory in our SMB customer segment. The ideal candidate will apply their sales and technical experience to proactively prospect and engage with customers who themselves have varied technical competency, to assist them in harnessing the power of cloud technology to meet their business objectives. The successful candidate will generate and maintain active engagements with prospects and customers to consistently meet and exceed sales goals. Collaboration and coordination with team members is a critical success factor.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years minimum technical sales experience in B2B environments, or 5+ years as a sales engineer in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
• BA/BS degree or relevant experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to prospect, identify, pursue, and close new revenue opportunities
• Strong technical, sales, and listening skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think and act independently within a fast-paced multi-task driven environment
• Knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing; understand and identify opportunities for customers
• Track record of managing time efficiently, meeting personal goals, and working effectively with internal, partner, and customer teams
• Experience with CRM (Salesforce.com preferred), and web-based meeting applications (e.g. Chime)
• AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification or AWS Solutions Architect - Associate Certification, preferred but not required
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Sales and Marketing