In 2004, Teradici set out to create the best virtual desktop and workstation experience in the world, and along the way we've enabled the most demanding use cases with requirements like top secret security, complex IT infrastructures, and intensive graphics performance. Our PCoIP technology fundamentally simplifies how computing is provisioned, managed and used.
With over 15 million endpoints deployed around the globe, we're no startup. Top government agencies, media conglomerates, production studios, financial firms, and design houses trust Teradici to support their need for secure, high-performance virtual desktops and workstations delivered from private data centers, public clouds, or any combination of both.Overview:
You will be the key contributor to the creation of a benchmarking capability within our Cloud Solutions team. You will automate measurements affecting scaling of the Cloud Access Solution - measurements such as Network throughput, CPU utilization, Virtual Machine sizing as well as parameters such as network latency, error rates, frames/second that impact End User Quality of Experience. Your benchmarking metrics and data collection will be used by our marketing, sales and development teams to provide product development guidance to our partner ecosystem and deployment guidance to our End Customers.
Our Cloud Access Software Solutions operate in a broad range of Cloud infrastructures both Public Clouds and Private Clouds and our Client Endpoints run on many Operating Systems. You have a passion for automation and a knack for turning use cases into automated benchmarking test cases. You have a broad knowledge base on common IT and Public/Private Clouds, and how to exercise the product's interaction with them to characterize many aspects of performance.Responsibilities:
- Work with Technical Marketing and Product Development teams to define benchmarking strategy for Teradici Cloud Access and PCoIP Client Products
- Define, Design and Build scalable, cost effective benchmarking tests and test automation
- Make benchmarking measurements and produce easy to understand benchmarking results
- Set up and configure physical desktops, workstations and servers
- Set up and configure cloud infrastructure for script development, load, and performance testing
- Make benchmarking measurements and automated execution available to others within Teradici and other 3rd parties
- Work with and manage 3rd party contractors to accelerate benchmarking activities
- Benchmark competitive products for comparison with PCoIP solutions
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience creating test automation to cover installation and configuration, functional testing, and performance testing of enterprise grade software
- Strong understanding of public cloud computing technology and its services, infrastructure as a code, and platforms
- Experience with setup and automation of desktops, workstations, mobile devices across a range of common operating systems such as Windows, Linux, MacOS
- Experience with computer motherboards or similar HW platforms
- Experience with GPUs
- Experience using log collection and analytic tools such as Sumologic, ELK+Beats, Graphana
- Experience using IT automation tools (e.g. Terraform, ARM Templates, Chef, Ansible)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate with customers, partners, software developers/architects and technical marketing
- Passion to work in an exciting environment and deliver new technologies and products to the marketplace
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- DevOps, SW Development, Security, Solution Architect, or Networking certifications on AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience using public cloud services (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Experience with containers and container orchestration tools (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
- We offer a competitive base salary, Employee Bonus Plan (company performance based) and stock option grants. Our health benefits and retirement savings contributions start right away - no waiting period! We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year)
- We develop and nurture our employees to be their best and bring their authentic selves to every team interaction. We strive for a dynamic team environment that is transparent and allows everyone to contribute and be heard.
- The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. As a result of COVID-19, we have implemented a Work From Home initiative for all employees and we encourage our teams to stay connected virtually during this time.
- Once our office is open again, we are excited to offer:
- Monthly social events & activities
- Luxury shuttle service to and fromthe nearest SkyTrain station
- Underground and secured bike "cage"
- Fully equipped onsite gym, Basketball, "Beach" Volleyball court and weekly yoga classes
- Teradici supports remote work flexibility using our own Cloud Access Software!
Software and Programming Information Technology