Cloud Application Architect
Reference ID: 783654
Are you an experienced cloud architect/developer who can assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for hands on architects/developers who are passionate about:
• Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
• Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
• Working as a technical leader along side customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices
• Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
• Agile software development and DevOps
• Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters Degree desired.
• Good experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
• Exposure to Agile development methodologies
• Ability to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
• Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
• Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks
• Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
• Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation.
• Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
• Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
• Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
• Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Posted: February 12, 2019
Closes: April 13, 2019