170261 Position Title:
Software Engineer II External Description: TheClientEngineer
will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing all aspects of the game's structure. Responsibilities:
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with 3rd party companies on software solutions.
- Work with Server and Client engineers to establish, hook up and test end-to-end functionality.
- Collaborate within a small to medium team of engineers, designers and artists both locally and remotely.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Architect and document technical designs for all areas of the game.
- Create tools, features and engine components.
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
- Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
- Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
- Use and design REST-based HTTP APIs.
City: State: Remote?:
- 3+ years experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
- Strong knowledge with C++, ASM is a bonus.
- Json and XML, able to read/understand and write.
- Experience working with online services/severs. (HTTP via REST)
- Knowledge of REST-based APIs.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems.
0 Community / Marketing Title:
Client Software Engineer II Company Profile:
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.EEOText:
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. Date Opened:
2021-11-25 02:26:59.423 EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams' careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they're taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn't end at the workplace-we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we're doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We're looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers-people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren't just keeping up-we're staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Software and Programming