- Experience developing project plans to ensure that implementations are completed on time, within budget, and meet client expectations
- Multi-tasking and time management as they will be leading many client implementations consecutively
- Client change management experience
What & Why:
One of BC’s best employers is looking for a Client Implementation to join their team. Working within an Agile environment, the role acts as project manager for multiple client implementations moving to a new digital banking platform. The role will work with a diverse range of stakeholders, internal teams and credit unions ensure the successful transition of change.
As an Implementation Manager, your skill in implementation planning, organization of implementation readiness and change management will be critical for supporting our business colleagues and customers. You will be credible, resilient, enthusiastic and engaging with a strong background in managing business implementation. Experience in large scale transformation programs would be helpful,
The lead will develop project plans and ensure that implementations are completed on time, within budget, and meet client expectations. Providing overall leadership to project teams as well as acting in a mentorship role with more junior project managers and Business Analysts deputize for Client Implementation lead as required
Our client develops web and mobile applications as well as provides infrastructure hosting and support for a large retail financial network. They have received a number of awards for their software, and continue to develop & implement new features for business clients to grow their member base. They are firm believers in work-life balance with a 7 hour/day and 35-hour work week.
As the ideal candidate, you possess:
- A university degree in computer science, business administration, or other related discipline with at least 8 years progressively more responsible relevant project management experience, including a minimum of 10 years’ experience working on projects in accordance with standard project management methodologies and best practices. Experience in the financial services industry an asset.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of project management principles, methodologies, tools and techniques. Is open to change and new information; adapts behaviour or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals with ambiguity. Ability to plan and manage projects and team resources and produce high quality documentation. Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with clients, technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs. Good client management skills. Ability to manage projects with conflicting deadlines in a team environment. Good business acumen.
- Experience working in Agile environment as asset.
- Participating in the development and directing the implementation of project management policies, procedures and quality standards, monitoring systems and best practices to track issues and compliance and improve project success rates.
- Planning and managing project activities for a portfolio of complex projects or for a major project, involving multiple departments and disciplines and utilizing project management principles, methodologies, tools and techniques in compliance Accountable to the project stakeholders and/or other project managers regarding project status.
- Employing and adhering to the processes and procedures stipulated for all phases of project work, while contributing to continuous improvements of the current project management processes.
- Developing a project risk management plan to identify, assess and mitigating project risks.
- Facilitating and ensuring individual and team roles and responsibilities are understood and that performance measures are identified, measured and monitored on an on-going basis in order to provide positive feedback on accomplishments and to ensure immediate action is taken to address shortfalls.
- Working closely with the client and other stakeholders to communicate project plans and project status, obtain or provide program, technical and progress data, and resolving planning and implementation issues.
- Managing project scope, timeline and budget within agreed tolerances throughout the lifecycle of the project, ensuring optimum use of resources, adjusting project plan in consultation with all stakeholders as required in order to meet objectives, and managing trade-offs between scope, quality, time and cost as necessary.
- Ensuring project deliverables meet stated requirements, are delivered to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
- Adhering to project change control policies, procedures and practices for the management of scope, notify stakeholders of scope change, delays, and significant variances against budget, and preparing Project Change Request documents for approval when required.
- Interfacing with internal departments involved in marketing, developing, and supporting the product; ensuring project transition and handover activities upon project completion are planned and implemented as agreed, and in consultation with client and production support and other relevant stakeholders.
- Closing out the project and capture essential lessons learned to ensure future projects are successful.
- Ensuring a positive work environment and awareness by all staff of company goals and objectives and creating an environment oriented towards trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
- Mentoring, supporting and developing the project management skills of more junior Project Managers.
Posted: November 1, 2018
Closes: December 31, 2018