About our Client
Our client, a renowned civil engineering company, is looking for a new Civil Project Manager to join their team. As part of your role, you'll be overseeing all construction/engineering projects. This position requires a broad construction and management background. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Civil Project Manager with at least 5 years experience in a similar role to join a company with over 100 years experience in the Design & Engineering Industry.
- Reviewing and certifying design drafts and approving them for construction
- Preparing and certifying schedules for construction sites
- Managing the design and implementation of all construction and engineering projects
- Supervising and coaching all engineers, designers and other staff on site
- Ensuring completion of all projects within a scheduled timeframe
- Ensuring quoted costs are not exceeded during projects
- Liaising with clients
- Preparing and evaluating tenders and contracts
- Variety of construction administration tasks such as site inspections
- Preparing quotes for clients
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in civil engineering design and certification of infrastructure
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant area
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Personable, professional and confident liaising with clients and other staff regarding design specifications/changes that need to be made
- Excellent organization and time-management
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Comfortable working independently and a team player
- A strong understanding of engineering principles and how they relate to construction
- Experience using BC building code
- A valid class 5 license
All applicants must have legal permission to work in Canada and require a valid Work Permit and Social Insurance Number.
Good jobs go fast. Don't wait apply today!
Visit our website www.recruitinginmotion.com
for a complete listing of all our exciting job opportunities. There is no fee to job seekers.
We are Vancouver's #1 Employment Agency and represent BC's top employers!
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019