is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable KAMLOOPS
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms - made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments. The Opportunity:
We are currently looking for a Materials Technician to join our team in a full time, permanent role in Kamloops, British Columbia. The successful candidate will support our Certified Civil Engineering Laboratory (concrete, aggregate, soil, asphalt) by conducting field and laboratory testing services within South Central BC.This is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to develop their career and experience in the engineering and construction field Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• Our Hybrid Work Policy
- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• As a Civil Materials Technician, you'll be:
• Conducting tests on asphalt, concrete, aggregate and soil in both laboratory and field environments.
• Preparing field and laboratory reports and data entry
• Providing technical support to geotechnical investigations, geotechnical instrumentation, and geotechnical sampling, as required, which may include conducting field visits/investigations
• Sample collection, site monitoring, and data entry
• Providing high quality work that meets the client's expectations
• Contributing to achieving high client satisfaction
• Following WSP's Project Review, Ethics and Safety Policies
This position requires local and regional travel and occasional out-of-town assignments up to three weeks in duration. Assignments will at times be in remote areas and under physically demanding conditions. Work will often be outdoors and on active construction sites. Light to moderate lifting will be required.
About Kamloops: Kamloops is a vibrant community with a wide variety of services and amenities, and outdoor activities galore. Kamloops is best known for world class trout fishing, hiking, golfing, snowmobiling, skiing, and snowboarding. Kamloops also offers an affordable housing market with good rental opportunities What you'll bring to WSP ...
• Engineering Technology graduate is preferred
• Minimum of three years of related materials testing experience required
• Familiarity with ASTM and CSA test procedures for concrete, aggregate, soil and asphalt
• Good written and oral English communication skills
• Reliable and punctual with client satisfaction focus
• Multi-task oriented and able to work effectively in a team environment
• Basic First Aid certification an asset
• Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certification an asset
• Able to obtain CSA/CCIL certification for field and laboratory concrete and asphalt testing
• Ability to work in field, laboratory and office settings
• Unrestricted Class 5 Driver's License valid in British Columbia and a good driving record (drivers abstract required)
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Junior (3 - 5 years)
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada/