, our team is growing, and as a result we're adding a Civil Engineer-in-Training
to our group. As part of the Municipal Engineering team in Kamloops, you'll be joining our municipal engineering & land development close-knit team of engineering specialists, professionals, and technical staff. A day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Preliminary and Detailed Design of civil works for water supply systems, sanitary sewers, and stormwater systems including linear works, valves chambers, and pump stations
- Construction services including site inspection and contract administration on projects, including travel
- Client management
- Proposal development
- Drafting using Civil 3D
- Attending design meetings with clients, other consultants, and contractors
- Writing design reports
- Site investigations
- Other duties as assigned
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university
- 1-3 years of experience in a consulting environment on municipal design projects will be an asset
- Eligibility for registration in EGBC is required
- Previous success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing is an asset
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A driver's license and vehicle for work use
Expected Salary (all locations): $53,900/yr - $91,700
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.