267462 Work Area:
Software-Design and Development Expected Travel:
0 - 10% Career Status:
Professional Employment Type:
Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) combines all analytics capabilities – including business intelligence (BI), planning, predictive analytics, data visualization, and digital boardroom tools – in a single cloud-based solution. It gives everyone from frontline workers to execs the power to find new insights and take action, anytime, anywhere.
The Analytics Cloud organization is looking for a Chief Security Expert to steer the compliance of our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform to the Security corporate requirements. Are you a passionate individual who wants an opportunity to lead an area contributing to making our customers excited about the unique capabilities offered by our Analytics Cloud platform ? Do you thrive in a global organization with strong engineers to embrace the challenge and work together to release a quality perfect application ? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future. About the Team
The Quality organization
in the Augmented BI Cluster is responsible for steering quality, defining the direction, providing guidance, ensuring cross-team quality strategy is clear and accelerating the solution for hotspot areas. You will take over the accountability for the compliance of our application to the Security corporate standards, working closely with the Security Experts in the Development teams all over the world to make sure the requirements are applied on any line of code. As a general Lead, you will be expected to define the strategic directions and guidelines on Security for the entire organization, and act as a first point of contact to the SAP Security Office, to raise the bar of security compliance to the highest level. Expectations and Tasks
Education and Qualifications / Skills and Competencies
- Because the team is positioned at the cornerstone of all development teams of the Augmented BI cluster and is the last belt before shipping, we need someone who is customer focused, results-oriented, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working collaboratively. .
- You champion the Security corporate requirements and work closely with the team security experts and architects for its application in all areas of the Augmented BI cluster.
- You are the first point of contact for Security in Augmented BI, inbound and outbound, toward the Security Office of SAP. As such, you embody Security within Augmented BI and take all initiatives to maintain in the teams a constant security mindset.
- You work closely/collaborate across roles, functions and teams, as well as with colleagues in other countries and also customers / partners when needed
- You stay curious on technology and understand how it may fit into or advance our strategic direction
Required qualifications are:
- Excellent understanding of common security threats and attack vectors on Cloud applications, both on frontend and backend
- Good understanding of compliance requirements in the areas of data privacy and data protection
- Experience with security and penetration testing, debugging, and automated testing (including security tests)
- Good degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field (Bachelor / Master)
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Create project and execution plans, factoring in essential elements like monitoring and steering.
- Manage critical situations and their impact on business deliverables
- Team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and a high degree of personal initiative
- Flexible to changing priorities and requirements with flexibility to react on new challenges and opportunities
- Ability to encourage innovation and foster a high-energy and focused environment
What we consider beneficial:
- Experience with object-oriented programming, common data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of the security impact of modern cloud application development and distributed systems (e.g. with Kubernetes, microservices, Serverless)
- Experience with DevSecOps, DevOps, continuous integration and delivery
- Security Certifications
- We are looking for candidates with at least 8 years of professional experience.
- Prior experience in cloud software is strongly desired
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
- This position will be based in the Vancouver, BC location. Also open to hire in Walldorf, Germany or Paris, France for the right candidate.
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP Vancouver employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
• Discount programs
• SAP Lunch On Us program
• Free daily fruit
• Subsidized pop, snacks, salad and more
• Foosball, pool, ping pong tables, and gym on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
#cloudjobsyvr WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now . SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com
, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com
, EMEA: Careers@sap.com
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor. Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Analytics, Business Intelligence, Cloud, Data Analyst, Management, Security, Technology, Data