17587 Position Type:
Burnaby, BC, Canada Location:
Vancouver H/O - Canfor Pulp_1010 (BC20) Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it's a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy-so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We're especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do. Position Summary:
The Chemist will primarily work on site at Canfor Pulp's Innovation Centre located in Burnaby, BC. He/she will work with a team of chemists and engineers and report into the Manager, Innovation and Optimization. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Monitor pulp quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications
- Conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical and chemical separation techniques, and microscopy
- Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses
- Provide technical support and assistance to chemists and engineers
- Maintain, clean, and sterilize laboratory instruments and equipment
- Write technical reports or prepare graphs and charts to document experimental results
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today! In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
- Chemist with 1-3 years' experience coupled with strong lab skills - specifically in Infra-red spectroscopy, metals analysis with ICP-OES and gas chromatography/mass spectrometer (GC/MS).
- Forward thinking, flexible and resourceful, you can apply your technical insight, attention to detail and analytical abilities to develop novel solutions and high quality work.
- You have graduated within the last five years with a Bachelor or Master's degree in Chemistry.
- Previous practical experience in an analytical laboratory, pulp laboratory would be assets as is the application of lab results to industrial situations.
- You will also have a strong computer proficiency including experience with data management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Preference will go to candidates that have experience in GCMS and ICP analysis.
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events! Job Segment:
Chemical Research, Chemist, Scientist, Social Media, Temporary, Engineering, Science, Marketing, Contract