June 19, 2022
Reporting to the Group Leader, Analytical Services, the Technician, Analytical Services may provide analyses using optical emissions spectrometers, Leco C/S analyzer, AA spectrometers, calorimeter, alpha detectors, ICP-OES instruments, auto-titrators and the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
This is a casual role therefore workload and shift times are dependent on business area needs. Responsibilities:
- Observe safety and hygiene regulations and procedures in the performance of duties.
- Provide analyses by following established procedures, recognizing problems as they arise and correcting them.
- Work in a variety of sections to meet changing work requirements or priorities.
- Participate as a member of a team under the direction of a Senior Technician in special projects and method development projects aimed at extending the capabilities and service supplied by Analytical Services.
- Conduct routine and assigned quality control tasks to maintain accuracy of results.
- Use knowledge of Analytical Services and assaying procedures to train other technicians and trainees.
- Recognize interferences between elements and take action (complexing, removing) using instrumental principles to optimize sensitivities during instrument set-up.
- Enter results into the LIMS for direct reporting to Operations; report unusual conditions directly to customers.
- Applicants should have a certificate of efficiency in Assaying; or be graduates of a two-year chemical sciences program (or equivalent); or be a graduate with a B.Sc. in Chemistry with a minimum of three years' analytical experience in a full-service metallurgical testing laboratory, or the equivalent.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-MM1 Job Segment:
Chemical Research, Sustainability, Laboratory, Lab Technician, Coal Mining, Engineering, Energy, Science, Mining, Healthcare
Community and Social Services