We're looking for a top-tier Character Designer to help us inspire delight with imagery and craft. You will help shape how CryptoKitties comes to life through experiences within the game and across marketing channels. You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A little more about us:
CryptoKitties is the world's most successful blockchain game, accounting for 25% of the traffic on the Ethereum network upon launch. Unlike cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or ether, CryptoKitties are crypto collectibles that secure ownership of digital art via distributed ledger technology. Since launching, tens of millions of US dollars in transactions have been conducted on the platform, with some of the game's most popular cats selling for the equivalent of over US$100,000. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal , Forbes , The New York Times , and VICE .
Our team combines creativity and experience to test new ground in game-making-our mission is to inspire delight with the goal of attracting the first billion consumers to the world of blockchain
games and digital assets.The ideal candidate:
Our ideal candidate is a creative risk taker, art maverick, and team player. They have an uncanny ability to develop characters, worlds, and universes, and then entice audiences across the spectrum to play the game. They will work closely with art directors, creative directors, product designers, product owners, marketing strategists and a variety of other stakeholders. They sketch ideas, collaborate, and produce polished creative that lives in both still and animated forms.You will:
To succeed in this role, you must:
- Shape environments and worlds for CryptoKitties.
- Animate Fancy Cats, bringing dynamism and life to the brand on social channels.
- Illustrate concepts for marketing campaigns (blog headers, social images, CRM campaign illustrations).
- Develop and execute concepts for animated advertising campaigns.
- Concept upcoming Fancy Cats for both overarching projects and partnership initiatives.
- Evolve into an additional point person, liaising and partnering with freelancers creating Fancy Cats.
- Work collaboratively with game designers to integrate exceptional creative experiences into CryptoKitties.
- Explore creative solutions for completely new games and experiences.
- Illustrate new product concepts, test, and iterate.
- Liaise with trusted partners, providing pointers on how to elevate their game creative to meet the standards of CryptoKitties.
How to apply:
- Have strong illustration skills.
- Have a love for visual storytelling (static and motion).
- Have a depth of experience in character design, environment building, game design, and animation.
- Have the ability to adapt styles and have the bandwidth to develop completely different experiences with a range of other styles to bring CryptoKitties to life in its very best form.
- Be a creative thinker who can translate strategic and marketing needs into beautiful creative.
- Be flexible with taking on initiatives, big and small.
- Feel passionately about developing unique creative.
- Be adept at adjusting processes to meet time-sensitive goals while maintaining strong brand standards.
- Proficientwith Illustrator, Photoshop, 2D and/or 3D animation software.
More about CryptoKitties:
- Please include your resume.
- Send us a portfolio or samples of your artwork.
At CryptoKitties we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019