19218 Position Type:
Fort St. John, BC, Canada Location:
Fort St. John (BC02) Canfor's strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor. The Opportunity:
is currently seeking experienced Certified Sawfilers
to join our team.The Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for the safe maintenance and repair of all sawfiling equipment. You will apply your skills to maximize uptime, quality and production.The Candidate:
When applying for this role, please attach a photo or scanned copy of your Red Seal or Interprovincial TQ. The Incentive
- Certified Journeyman
- Superior troubleshooting skills
- Solid background in heavy industry and construction
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with others to perform all aspects of maintenance activities.
- The ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Available to work shifts
- Completion of grade 12, a GED or a minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Good interpersonal skills and communication, enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes would be an asset
Canfor offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits package that allows you to customize your benefits to meet your individual needs, and includes health and dental coverage as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition to this, we offer pension and other benefits.Grow with us
At Canfor, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth. Whether you want to develop upon your skills or advance your career with Canfor, we offer a promote-from-within culture that will give you these opportunities. Canfor Values
At Canfor, our values are at the core of everything we do. Safety comes first, and we are proud of our unwavering commitment to excellence, and customer satisfaction, which allows us to safely and efficiently deliver quality products to our customers around the globe.
- Safety comes first.
- We succeed when our customers succeed.
- We are resilient and resourceful. We always find a way forward.
- We are a good neighbour in our communities and a responsible steward of the environment.
- We demonstrate integrity by doing what we say we are going to do.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing
the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process
, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant. We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Fort St. John, BC
With everything from arts and crafts to high-octane outdoor adventure, Fort St. John is known locally as BC's Energetic City. This city's youthful population and wealth creates exciting economic opportunities. Its surrounding landscape is speckled with calm lakes and untouched rivers, and is a dream to outdoor enthusiasts all year round. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/fort-st-john Job Segment:
Electrical, Social Media, Engineering, Marketing