17695 Position Type:
Full Time Hourly City:
Chetwynd, BC, Canada Location:
Chetwynd (BC01) Who We Are:
Canfor is one of the world's largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us. The Opportunity:
Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair, installation and modification of all sawmill-related equipment, you will apply your skills to maximize uptime, quality and production. Shift work might be required.
Compensation and benefits based on the Local Collective Agreement are offered, together with a safe, high quality work environment. Key Responsibilities:
- Meet with internal customers to assess needs, determine business requirements, and document them
- Create technical specifications for delivering business solutions
- Design and develop applications to meet business requirements, using department specified programming tools, processes, and methodologies
- Develop test plans, complete unit and system level tests, and document results.
- Participate in and guide user testing
- Support, enhance, and maintain existing business applications to assure their availability, reliability, performance, and fit to evolving requirements. Effectively resolve production problems in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.
- Certified Journeyman
- A strong background in PLCs
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Solid background in heavy industry and construction
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process would be an asset
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events! Chetwynd, BC
Chetwynd's rich natural environment makes it a magnet for anyone scouting for a great outdoor experience. Carved out of the lush natural environment of the surrounding Peace River Country, it is also an appealing community for any young family and offers moderately priced homes, an excellent health care system and great schools. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/chetwynd
Social Media, Electrician, Electrical, Sustainability, Environmental Engineering, Marketing, Engineering, Energy
Posted: February 21, 2019
Closes: April 22, 2019