Job Description Summary
STEMCELL's Procurement team is looking for an experienced Category Manager with a strategic mindset, strong supplier management skills, and exceptional negotiation abilities to manage our Manufacturing Aids category.
As the Category Manager, Manufacturing Aids you will be responsible for overseeing strategic procurement activities for the single-use technology used in our 2500+ products. This will include items such as filters, bags, liners, purification resins, tubing sets etc. You will develop in-depth knowledge of markets and suppliers in this category while working with internal and external stakeholders to maximize value and mitigate risk.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Develop market knowledge through identifying market leaders, understanding value chains, supply and demand drivers, monitoring supply trends and shifts in technology to identify areas of opportunity and risk
- Represent Procurement in cross-functional meetings and projects as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert for Procurement activities
- Facilitate cross functional strategic sourcing and supplier selection; work closely with external departments to align and ensure the selection meets the needs of the business
- Practice supplier relationship management principles for key suppliers; conduct internal and supplier-facing business reviews to monitor supplier's spend and performance to drive improvement opportunities/initiatives such as cost reductions, operational efficiencies and quality improvements
- Engage in contract negotiations, supply agreement development, contract execution and management
- Bachelor's or advanced degree with 5+ years of relevant experience in category management / procurement
- Biotech and/or engineering background a strong asset
- Strong business analytical skills and comfort with identifying data needs and sources
- Experience in supply negotiations and post award contract management
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams and deliver complex objectives under stringent timelines
- Team player and strong collaborator with a growth mindset, and able to stay calm and focused in high-pressure situations
*Please note: this role can be Hybrid or Remote within Canada.
#United #LI-Hybrid #LI-SD1
STEMCELL Technologies is a privately owned, Vancouver-based biotechnology company that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Driven by our love of science and passion for quality, we are a company of Scientists Helping Scientists-standing by our customers to provide the outstanding products, technical support, and training they need to advance their research. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine, and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, accessory products, and services. Through our many regional offices, as well as our distribution centers in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble, and Singapore, we deliver our innovative, specialized products to more than 100 countries. With over 2300 employees globally, most with scientific or engineering degrees, STEMCELL is proud to be the largest biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
The annual base salary for this job ranges from:
$95,200.00 - $142,800.00
STEMCELL determines an individual's pay within the range based on multiple factors including experience, education, job-related skills, and equity within the team or organization. For jobs that are eligible for sales incentives, the range noted above is inclusive of target incentives; actual incentives are based on individual performance results in accordance with company policy. In addition to base salary, STEMCELL offers a comprehensive total rewards package including health benefits, retirement savings, and more.
NOTE: STEMCELL'svaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including boosters), as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders, unless an exemption from this policy is approved through our accommodation request process.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Operations and Logistics