Job Description Summary
Our Procurement team is growing, and we need experienced Category Managers with a strategic mindset, strong supplier management skills, and exceptional negotiation and communication abilities to join this dynamic and innovative biotech environment.
As a Category Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the Procurement activities pertaining to the assigned indirect categories (e.g. Services and/or Consumables) required to support the overall needs of the business. You will develop in-depth knowledge of markets and suppliers while working with internal and external stakeholders to maximize value and mitigate risk.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Develop market knowledge through identifying market leaders, understanding value chains, supply and demand drivers, monitoring supply trends and shifts in technology to identify areas of opportunity and risk
- Represent Procurement in cross-functional meetings and projects as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert for Procurement activities
- Facilitate cross-functional strategic sourcing and supplier selection; work closely with external departments to align and ensure the selection meets the needs of the business
- Practice supplier relationship management principles for key suppliers; conduct internal and supplier-facing business reviews to monitor suppliers' spend and performance to drive improvement opportunities/initiatives such as cost reductions, operational efficiencies and quality improvements
- Engagein contract negotiations, supply agreement development, contract execution and management
- Bachelor's or advanced degree with 5+ years of relevant experience in procurement or supply chain discipline
- Strong business analytical skills and comfort with identifying data needs and sources
- Experience in supply negotiations and post award contract management
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams and deliver complex objectives under stringent timelines
- Team player and strong collaborator with a growth mindset, and able to stay calm and focused in high-pressure situations
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL���s vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Operations and Logistics