Wayside is looking for a full time long-term ASP.NET C# Developer to work as part of our Responsive Marketing team and assist with the development and maintenance of a variety of web-based solutions for both external and in-house clients. This position is based in Vernon, British Columbia, and while local candidates are preferred, remote applicants in BC or Alberta will be considered.
Consultants need not apply. This is a full time long-term employment opportunity.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain business applications ranging from simple variable data web sites and management interfaces to complex API integrations and server services.
- Assist with maintaining a sizeable existing code base, including bug fixes, analysis and update recommendations.
- Contribute to and/or lead engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery.
- Translate business requirements into efficient, functional code solutions.
- Create and deliver appropriate documentation and communication around feature(s) and process changes to impacted clients and employees.
- Partner with team members and external/internal project stakeholders as required.
- Minimum 3 years real world development experience - describe key projects in detail and provide URLs if available
- Comfortable working in Microsoft Visual Studio
- Proficiency with ASP.NET C# and MVC framework
- Demonstrated competency in SQL (MS) and relational databases
- Familiar with source control concepts via Bitbucket or similar
- Fluency in English and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Interest and ability to learn new programming languages and environments as needed
- High impact, low ego. We like to move fast, but believe the best ideas and solutions come from focusing on customer need and collaboration, not from superheroes.
- If applying to work remotely, you must have a dedicated home work environment with high speed internet connectivity, a current desk top computer with dual monitors and video conference capability.
Optional Desirable Skills
How to Apply
- Web API
- Crystal Reports
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
or drop your resume off in our Vernon location and 3304 33rd St. Vernon.
Posted: November 1, 2018
Closes: December 31, 2018