MDA is looking for a bright Buyer/Shipper for an 18 month maternity leave contract. This position will expose you to many areas of the business and would be a suitable opportunity for someone with shipping experience who is looking to move into a Buyer role. Responsibilities
- Assists with shipping and/or receiving services for the company.
- May prepare national or international shipments for delivery.
- Issues appropriate shipping documents and may handle Customs documentation for international orders.
- Collects and updates documentation related to transport, Customs, export and import procedures.
- Maintains receiving log and ensures all incoming goods are data entered.
- Provides basic support to projects and departments regarding their procurement requirements.
- Acquires materials and services including sourcing and soliciting bids, creating purchase orders and awarding contracts, expediting orders, and resolving related problems.
- Participates with the purchasing team in the development and implementation of procurement strategies to improve supplier service levels and optimize costs.
- Under direct supervision, selects, measures and manages performance of vendors on the basis of on-time delivery, quality, and service. May negotiate with supply sources to initiate orders, resolve disputes and claims, and determine freight terms.
- Enters orders in the purchasing system, reviews and approves purchase documents and then expedites orders, including tracing of shipments in transit.
- Other duties as required.
- Requires high school graduation or equivalent and 1 to 2 years related experience, along with previous exposure to handling carriers and vendors.
- Excellent communication skills with a focus on customer service and time management is essential. Must be computer literate.
To be qualified you must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Secret level (preference will be given to candidates that already hold one), and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and may include domestic and foreign travel.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019