UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEADPosition:
Business Technology Analyst Status:
We believe in doing good for our customers and for ourselves. Whether it's launching the most anticipated model of the year or purchasing a vehicle for your next adventure, great people and relationships are at every turn with OpenRoad.
We are proud of our forward-thinking culture developed over 40 years of continuous improvement initiatives. OpenRoad is one of the largest and fastest growing automotive retail groups in the country (representing 21 automotive brands across 34 locations) with a shared vision to become the national automotive leader in customer experience. As one of Canada's Best Employers and Best Managed Companies, we are looking for team players who are excited to continually learn, work hard, and take ownership of their role.
If you love the idea of joining an organization with unlimited possibilities to accelerate your career, then apply to OpenRoad and grow with us today!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recommend innovative changes and streamlining technology to improve business effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work with various departments (such as Accounting, Finance, BDC, Marketing, QA, and HR) and Business Technology team to build relationships and understand business priorities.
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders and technical resources to define the scope and details of data project assignments.
- Generate business analysis, and gather information on internal processes and systems, including technology.
- Develop complex SQL queries (Stored procedures, triggers) to retrieve, manipulate, and transform data from various sources.
- Data Extraction and Visualization - Query data and build data visualizations of varying degrees of complexity in tools like Tableau, Tableau Prep, SQL, and GCP.
- Analyze extracted data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that can guide business decisions and strategies using Tableau.
- Present findings through clear visualizations, reports, and dashboards to make complex data understandable to non-technical stakeholders.
- Develop and implement technological solutions to improve performance and value and expand the business model beyond conventional methods used in the industry.
- Incite change within the management team and provide consultative leadership.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 3+ years of business analysis, and business consulting experience; specifically in the IT industry, educational experience from a recognized higher education institution including courses in business/systems analysis, SQL, Computer Science or general programming, and the use of software development tools.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL with the ability to write complex queries for data extraction and manipulation (CTEs, stored procedures, triggers) and knowledge in database management systems (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and GCP BigQuery.
- Advanced proficiency in Tableau, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and proficient in creating and delivering presentations.
- Experience in business process modeling using UML, BPMN, or similar techniques.
- Experience in requirement management, including requirements gathering, analysis, and specification documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into the application and operational requirements.
- Knowledge of the development process and the quality assurance methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CPBA / PMI-PBA certification and knowledge in Data Science and programming language (JS, Python) would be a bonus.
Internal Candidates MUST apply by filling out the Internal Endorsement Form on the Intranet. Failure to complete the form will cause a delay in your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.