6-month contract Business Systems Analyst role working with an enterprise organization working with data science and demand forecasting.
What & Why:
- BSA contract role with an enterprise retail organization
- High profile program investing heavily in data science
- Hybrid work available in Vancouver
As a result of growth our global enterprise client is looking to add a contract BSA to their large program team transforming how they do business. You will be working closely with the business to translate business requirements into technical specifications. Ideally you have a retail or supply chain background as this project is transforming how that business group operates. You will be working very closely with Data Engineers, System Analysts, Model Builders and product managers. This group has recently shifted to SAFe and so knowledge of that methodology would be considered an asset as this role would ideally have the ability to host PI planning breakout sessions and plan multi-sprint development and manage product backlog. This is a awesome team to join as they are making major strides in transforming how the supply chain teams operate.
This client is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands, a true Vancouver success story who has expanded globally. They are well known for their corporate culture and has won major awards for their accomplishments. They have invested majorly in technology and have had an incredibly successful past few years, including a major strategic acquisition. They have an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have full remote on-boarding capability during Covid19 with a hybrid work model following that.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- Basic to Intermediate SQL - For Data Analysis and ability to read code and assess the logic
- Intermediate ETL to write specs in conjunction with Data Engineers, System Analysts, Model Builders and product managers
- Intermediate troubleshooting of Bugs (RCA and solution proposals)
- Assisting QA with test design and test scenarios
- Provide QA with KT of development features
- Intermediate knowledge of Supply Chain (retail is preferred)
- Intermediate elicitation of requirements
- Intermediate ability to assess risks in feature development
- Intermediate ability to document function and non-functional requirements
- Intermediate SAFe Agile knowledge and ability to host PI planning breakout sessions
- Ability to plan multi-sprint development and manage product backlog
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.