Position Summary BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST Job ID: 4055 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST: POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to a Manager in the IT Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) or Analytics and Systems Development (ASD) units, the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for providing business analysis and functional support for core BC Housing business systems. He/she/they provides applications support to Business Support resources, leads business process modeling, proposes new/enhanced business processes, documents requirements, collaborates on technical requirements and specifications, liaises with various IT development and support teams, supports development of business cases, manages assigned projects, chairs project meetings, monitors new installs and services, resolves problems, coordinates release notes documentation and training programs, participates in post implementation reviews and performance analyses CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University degree in Information Technology or other related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Considerable IT industry experience specifically focused on IT solutions and services, with experience in business analysis.
- Considerable experience in supporting enterprise-wide business systems and working with interfaces including troubleshooting issues.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle technology including database and middleware
- Considerable knowledge of project lifecycle concepts and the ability to apply them to small projects such as business process changes and data cleansing
- Considerable knowledge of IT standards, system development life cycle, and IT development environments
- Sound knowledge of business processes in a social housing environment, including finance, procurement, asset maintenance, project development and property management, and good knowledge and understanding of the Commission's structure and business operations.
- Demonstrated familiarity with a variety of information systems programs and business processes pertaining to accounting, procurement, maintenance and real estate management.
- Familiarity with Microsoft's Office365 and SharePoint technologies
- Familiarity with hardware technologies (i.e. servers, workstations, networks and operating systems)
- Good knowledge of feasibility, risk assessment, impact and cost-benefit analysis techniques and processes
- Good knowledge and understanding of systems technology trends and the ability to critically assess and evaluate those trends as they apply to the organization.
- Ability to plan and manage moderate-sized projects, or portions of larger projects, manage teams of staff and contractors in the development, change management and implementation of systems, and work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion
- Strong skills in business requirements gathering, process modelling and solution architecting including writing business requirement documents and/or polish business documents
- Well-developed communication, analytical, problem solving, decision-making, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong project management, leadership and facilitation skills and some negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proficiency in productivity applications such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS project and MS Visio
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced a n interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship