What's Bench? Check us out in Fintech Impact, Perkins + Will, Daily Hive, BC Business, our Instagram, and our Blog.We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We're a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We've paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we've onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We're looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.Why is the Business Operations Specialist, Variable Compensation role an exciting opportunity?Bench's Business Operations team owns the design and implementation of our Go-To-Market and Operations team variable pay programs. As Bench has grown, these programs have evolved in complexity and breadth and it's time to bring on a dedicated owner to ensure these programs are executed in a way that is robust and scalable.You'll collaborate with Bench GTM and Operations Analytics team to ensure variable pay programs are designed to facilitate efficient reporting and calculation, as well as visualization within our CRM environment. You'll work with variable pay program stakeholders to ensure that these programs are clearly explained, well understood and transparent. You'll develop, refine and execute processes to submit variable pay totals for relevant Bench teams each month.Reporting to our Sr Manager, Business Operations, you will also have the opportunity to hone your project management, structured problem solving and process development skills with the support of a high-performing, collaborative team. You'll be an influencer and a key contributor to driving the success & growth of a company that's changing what's possible in the industry.Job Duties:
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Complete the monthly variable pay calculations for eligible Bench teams
- Develop and refine reporting to surface variable pay performance in our CRM (Salesforce) environment
- Field inquiries from Benchmates who have questions about variable pay program specifics
- Liaise with management to execute on variable pay exceptions and custom agreements with affected associates and reps
- Collaborate with Bench's Analytics team in variable pay design, ensuring that programs are easily explained and efficient to run.
- Develop and lead training sessions to educate Bench teams on new or updated variable pay programs
- Be energized by creating and improving processes at a system level: You are keen to make structural, scalable improvements to our CRM ecosystem as well as make incremental changes to enable quick wins.
- Thrive in collaborative, fast-paced environments: You are comfortable working with cross-functional stakeholders, balancing priorities and managing a constantly evolving project stack.
- Think systematically: You can effectively conceptualize and problem solve in a complex system of customers, bookkeepers, and our technology stack. You are energized by challenging problems, and are persistent/resourceful in your efforts to solve them
- Have the startup hustle: You have a strong bias for action. You are highly motivated and comfortable with change and ambiguity. You are also a team-player ready to pitch-in wherever you are needed most
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
- This is a full-time position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self
- This position offers an annual salary based on experience
- We offer an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, massage, and much more
- We're currently fully remote! But once safe to do, we'll return to work in our downtown Vancouver office. It's close to lots of great restaurants and easily accessible via transit. We also pride ourselves on our office coffee and the fridge is always stocked, compliments of Bench
Banking, Finance and Insurance Operations and Logistics