AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Platform is the glue that holds the ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Platform team is seeking a seasoned systems and operations leader who can lead a team of program managers and business analysts on the business operations team. Business Operations team supports escalations from internal clients like Customer Service, Finance and Accounting for payment issues, financial reporting questions and broken business processes. This team is responsible for driving operational efficiencies and customer experience improvements throughout CP.
• Manage operational relationships with internal customers with both technical and non-technical teams
• Improve customers' payments experience and drive operational efficiency through understanding of underlying system architecture and system flows
• Identify system operational gaps in new offerings and set operational requirements for new projects
• Independently manage a team of program managers and analysts, and assess performance.
• Define the strategic vision for your team, partnering effectively with customers and stakeholders.
• Communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all types of audiences. You are able to write narratives, PR/FAQs, and other strategic documentation.
• Define metrics to measure team progress, customer experience, solution quality, and operational excellence.
• Create customer engagement mechanisms, adheres to SLAs, and effectively manages operations.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects with tech and non-tech teams
• 7+ years of experience in program project management
• 7+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Program Operations a similar role in a corporate environment supporting a global tech organization
• 5+ years of experience in systems administration and/or analysis
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• Hands-on experience with driving improvements for technical infrastructure and SDLCPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• PMP Project Management Certification
• Master's in Business Administration
• 2+ years of coding experience in Any programming language
• Familiarity with building large solutions across many integrated and systems, with great availability, performance, and security
• Experience with a payment processor or an acquirer, international payments experience is a plus
• Superior oral and written communication skills. Financial, analytical and communication skills. Professional skills in reporting and communications.
• Experience defining, refining and implementing processes, procedures and policies. Relevant work experience in business operations role for a large organization. Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, and SQL skills
• Ability to work independently with limited general supervision and prioritize competing demands.
• Passion for working in a complex, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.