Want to use your expertise to connect to an IT career with a difference? As a Business Management Support Analyst II at WorkSafeBC, you'll do just that. Using leading-edge technology, you'll help connect British Columbians to healthy and safe workplaces - providing support for injury prevention programs, rehabilitation services, workplace insurance, and strong health and safety cultures.
As a Business Management Support Analyst II (BMSA II), you'll be responsible for maintaining I&T governance frameworks, monitor compliance, and recommend improvements for various business applications and business operations. You'll also facilitate the review of resource request, provide support to management through financial support, data analysis and reporting and improving business management applications such as technology resources requests, time tracking and business case approval portal workflows.
We've adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely within BC and onsite based on the operational needs of the position. What you'll do As a Business Management Support Analyst II, you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Assist in developing and drafting I&T governance frameworks, monitor compliance and coordinate governance committee meetings
- Lead the development and review of I&T business management standards, practices, and procedures
- Conduct data analysis, extract and prepare data to create reports and production analytics on a variety of related departmental topics
- Lead operational reviews and assigned projects by determining timeline, scope, deliverables, and change management requirements
- Participate in business management planning activities and support effective decision making across I&T through data collection and analysis
Your experience and educational background:
- Influence and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with various levels of the organization and cross-functional teams in a professional, tactful, and diplomatic manner
- Think critically and analytically to resolve complex technical and financial challenges to improve business processes
- Be adaptable and flexible to help clients and team members succeed by contributing to clarity of requirements, procedures, and process improvement
- Facilitate difficult operational or technical conversations with various levels of the organization and cross-functional teams to come to a consensus
- Provide knowledge and experience in business management principles, practices, and business process improvement techniques
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Information Technology, Business, Accounting, or Finance
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in an information technology or financial environment dealing with financial analysis, business processes and procedures.
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
WorkSafeBC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive starting salary of $33.66-$42.45, plus 4% in lieu of vacation and 4% in lieu of benefits. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life.
We've adopted a hybrid model offering opportunities to work remotely within BC and onsite based on the operational needs of the position.
Learn more about what we offer .
You will be required to successfully meet WorkSafeBC's requirements with regards to a criminal record clearance.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.