NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Specialist to join our team in Victoria, British Columbia (CA-BC), Canada (CA).
Data Visualization Specialist (Power BI)
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative, and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Data Visualization Specialist with extensive Power BI experience to join our Data and AI team in Vancouver, British Columbia (CA-BC), Canada (CA).
LOCATION - Needed in CA Job Description
We are seeking a Data Visualization Specialist with Power BI experience that has a foundational understanding of implementing interactive visualization solutions from source to final deliverable. You have a high level of data intuition and can ingest, transform, shape, and enrich data such that they can provide insights to end users. Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Ability to create complex, insightful interactive reports
• Ability to identify and develop KPIs and executive level dashboards
• Development of advanced Power BI solutions utilizing various data sources (on-premise / cloud)
• Knowledge of creating tabular model datasets for ad-hoc querying
• Aptitude for distilling complex data problems into easily understood visualization solutions
• Perform data analysis and source to target field mappings Qualifications: Critical:
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Ability to work directly with clients to elicit requirements and iteratively develop reporting solutions
• Fundamental understanding of telling a data story through visualizations including: selecting the right visual for a given requirement, designing reports to make best practice use of drill through/ drill-down/ bookmarks/ etc.
• Strong business analysis and data analysis skills
• In depth understanding of data warehousing, dimensional data modelling, and other core BI concepts
• 5+ years authoring Power BI reports and implementing industry best practices for visualizing data
• 3+ years designing and developing Tabular Modeling solutions utilizing tools such as Power Query, SSAS (Tabular), Azure Analysis Services, and Power BI Data Flows
• 5+ years writing complex SQL and T-SQL queries
• 3+ years authoring operational/paginated reports utilizing tools such as SSRS or Report Builder
• 2+ years with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Nice to Have:
• Experience authoring and facilitating custom training material to clients
• Azure cloud experience in particular Azure Data Factory, Azure Dake Lake, Azure SQL, and Azure Synapse Analytics
• Experience with other business intelligence reporting toolsets such as Cognos, Tableau, Qlik, etc.
• Experience developing and supporting SQL Server Analysis Services OLAP cubes
• Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab , etc.
• Advanced Analytics (ML / AI) experience such as Classification models, k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc. Professional Qualifications & Experience:
• University or college degree, or equivalent experience
• Strong Business Analysis and Data Analysis skills
• Other systems development experience
• Technical background with proven trouble shooting skills
• Adept at delving into systems to find the true root cause for the issue at hand
• Strong organization and analytical skills with excellent attention to details
• Ability to work independently on multiple simultaneous tasks within a challenging fast paced team and customer-oriented environment. About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100. NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team. Job Segment:
Business Intelligence, Business Analyst, Database, SQL, Data Warehouse, Technology
Administrative Information Technology