Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
If you are looking to break away from the status quo and are passionate about data and the value it can bring within a growing & collaborative team, then Finning's Digital & IT & OE organization is the place for you!
Finning's global BI Solutions Design team is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst with knowledge of building data models, strong understanding of data warehousing, and hands-on experience using cloud development tools like Snowflake or Synapse. We're looking for an individual who will help guide the BI team's adoption of cloud development tools, which will be the backbone of our report and dashboard building. .
If you're results driven and bring a sense of passion around taking a challenge and making amazing things possible with data, apply today!Job Description:
- Identify and implement best practices across Global BI development tools (SSAS, Azure Synapse)
- Support the creation of unified datasets to support business needs by connecting and transforming data from different sources
- Organizes data into formats and structures optimized for reuse and efficient delivery to businesses and analytics teams and system applications
- Participate in development of the entire application lifecycle, from ideation to sustainment and/or decommissioning
- Facilitate the governance of BI applications and data, including tasks such as documenting problems, managing changes, coordinating releases, reviewing security, and maintaining metadata assets.
- Develops BI/data products that meet the business need, aligns to data standards established and adheres to best practices.
- A minimum of 3 years experience building, implementing data models in Snowflake or Synapse
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant data management and analytics experience in a highly complex environment.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant data processing or warehousing experience
- High proficiency with data skills including data extraction, cleansing, governance, analysis and visualization using Power BI and Tableau.
- A solid track record of SQL development experience, including performance tuning
- Experience coaching and mentoring Jr team members
- Experience in implementing new technology and applications
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Information systems, Statistics or technical with a data management focus. CBIP certification or TDWI education preferred.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Customer Service and Support Operations and Logistics