Amazon Workplace Health and Safety is looking for an Business Intelligence Engineer to join the WHS Business Intelligence Team, to be a part of the team responsible for building and maintaining end-to-end analytics solutions that drive business decisions. This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that has direct impact on the day-to-day decision making Amazon a truly safe place to work.
On the WHS BI Team, you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class BI is critical to our success. To help build this growing team, you will be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, set high standards with a focus on superior business success. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities as well as outstanding business acumen and comfort with technical teams and systems. Candidate should have a strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and have experience with working on critical high visibility projects. The candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner effectively with business leaders to answer key business questions.
They will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and be able to innovate and think big, while diving deep to raise our bar for quality and accuracy.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
Key job responsibilities
Key job responsibilities
• Design and build custom reporting and dashboards to support the Workplace Health and Safety Transportation Teams- globally. Run daily, weekly, monthly reports with an ongoing cadence to support the team with data to help with project execution.
• Create reporting and metrics to facilitate analyses and drive data-driven decision making - in partnership with central business intelligence team.
• Own the development and maintenance of new and existing artifacts focused on analysis of requirements, metrics, and reporting dashboards.
• Report key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines.
• Deep dive into large data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages.
• Prepare and deliver business requirements reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks.
• Generate weekly and monthly data reports for internal business reviews.
• Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use
• Translate complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis requirements
• Scale data processes and reports; write queries that clients can update themselves; lead work with data engineering for full-scale automation
• Excellent writing skills, to create artifacts easily digestible by business and tech partners.
• To be successful on this team, you must be able to think strategically, perform dive deep analytics, and communicate effectively with senior leadership. Excellent communication skills are required.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative discipline
5+ years of work experience of analyzing and interpreting data as a business intelligence engineer, data engineer, or at a similar capacity
Advanced knowledge of SQL and ETL jobs
Experience working with large, multi-dimensional datasets from multiple sources
Proficient using at least one data visualization product (Tableau, Amazon QuickSight, Power BI, etc.)
Ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholdersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Master's degree or higher in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative discipline
5+ years of work experience of analyzing and interpreting data as a business intelligence engineer, data engineer, or at a similar capacity.
Working knowledge of data mining and modeling using statistical software like R, Python, etc,
Experience with creating and building predictive/optimization tools that benefit the business and improve customer experience
Knowledge of statistics and ability to run basic models
Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.