What You'll Do
What You’ll Need
- Constantly work with business users to identify business objectives and define key performance indicators
- Develop and maintain dashboards to provide business with insight and help driving business decisions
- Transform complex data sets into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Evaluate and make recommendations on the application of new analytics technologies
- Accountable for proper creation and setup of analytics data collection
- Develop and maintain reports, dashboards, reporting tools and structures to track key metrics
- Catalog all existing analysis and reporting in use across the organization
What You Must Have
- Experience with at least one of BI tools such as Qlik Sense, QlikView, Tableau
- 2-3 years of reporting and/or Business Intelligence development
- Experience in Data Warehouse, and OLAP analysis
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, Redshift, MySQL, DynamoDB
- Proficiency with SQL
- Ability to break down complex sets of data and analysis and make it understandable for a wide audience
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or information technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of AWS services
- Familiarity with NPrinting
- Familiarity with at least one coding language
A little more about us…
- Self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excited by the prospect of optimizing or re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation products and data initiatives.
- An audacious spirit that embraces uncertainty and challenges with enthusiasm
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit that has grit, determination and challenges the status quo
- High degree of empathy and the ability to see other’s perspective
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better everyday
BuildDirect is reinventing the home improvement industry with the first artificial intelligence (AI)-driven technology platform for heavyweight products. The BuildDirect platform includes two core business units:
- BuildDirect Marketplace: An online marketplace that offers Homeowners and Pro Buyers the ability to purchase heavyweight home improvement products direct from Sellers and receive efficient direct-to-home (or jobsite) shipping of those products.
- Gateway Supply Chain: The first anywhere-to-the-home supply chain for heavy and bulky goods that equips manufacturers, distributors and retailers with efficient and cost-effective shipping solutions to move their products from anywhere in the world, to locations across North America.
The platform is powered by proprietary AI, machine learning, and predictive analytics that drives robust efficiencies for the innovation of heavyweight product services, distribution, and sales across buyers, sellers, shippers, and everyone in between.
BuildDirect is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with warehouse locations across North America.
Posted: October 14, 2018
Closes: December 13, 2018