The Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) owns Amazon's global inventory planning and fulfillment systems. SCOT decides what, when, who, where, and how much inventory to buy in order to meet customer needs as well as Amazon's business goals. SCOT optimizes transportation and fulfillment plans to help our Customers get what they need, as fast as possible. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. See this short video for more info: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot.
The Fulfillment Availability Team is part of SCOT and we own several core systems that are at the foundation of Amazon's fulfillment pipeline and supply chain. We track inventory signals globally, in real time, and provide transactionally precise data on top of robust and asynchronous systems. We manage the complex graphs, constraints, and rules that define the Amazon fulfillment network and how things move through. We enable fulfillment of anything everywhere.
If you are interested in engineering the metrics model that drives continuous improvement for Amazon's Fulfillment Network, then the Fulfillment Availability Analytics Team (FAA) is the right place for you! FAA Team seeks an enthusiastic, customer obsessed Business Intelligence Engineer to define and develop strategic initiatives behind operational challenges that will set the pace for the next generation of Amazon Logistics.
As a BIE in FAA, you will be given the responsibility to lead and influence business-critical decisions across multiple organizations and geographies with metrics that you create and manage. Our team monitors and provides insights to optimize inventory availability worldwide, including the delivery of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon's customers. We work on top opportunities across inventory availability. We are accountable for influencing business-critical decisions that enable scale and deliver consistent, industry leading performance. We raise the bar on customer experience and speed while lowering costs and supporting our rapid growth.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a proven engineer, diligent task manager, communicator, and problem solver. You will work on large, complex initiatives, deal with ambiguity and advocate on behalf of the customers. Great candidates have the ability to use data, analytics, and engineering in order to act and drive change.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or related field
• 3+ years of demonstrated experience in data modeling, ETL, data warehousing, and transformation of large scale data sources using SQL, Redshift, Oracle, or other Big Data technologies
• Strong analytical skills including SQL, including the ability to pull data and use data to identify and solve ambiguous problem
• Advanced skills in Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Tableau or similar BI tools
• Experience of complex operational, process, and performance improvement projects
• Self-driven, ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
• Ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environmentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Finance or related field
• Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
• Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts Expert in Causal Analysis Experience working in very large data warehouse environments Experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company
• Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Advanced knowledge of Java, Python, Tableau and/or R
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.