AWS IT Services is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join our BI team.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer with our team, you will be working in a large, complex and dynamic, data-driven environment. You will be responsible for developing automated metrics that provide relevant insight to organizational leaders, building and maintaining dashboards, and performing complex data analytics.
This position requires the candidate to develop a deep understanding of the organization and key goals, earn trust with senior leadership, influence without authority, and provide relevant data insights.
To succeed, you must have the ability to engage deeply with diverse and talented business partners, earn trust using facts and data, and advise and influence decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication.
This candidate must possess excellent analytical skills, project management experience, and a track record of delivering results in a complex and ambiguous environment.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Perform complex business analysis to help drive organizational decision-making
• Complete root cause analysis and provide recommendations to senior leadership to address opportunities
• Develop automated metrics that will give senior business leaders insight into the performance of their respective teams and the organization as a whole
• Develop and maintain Tableau dashboards
• Develop key metrics and shared goals that determine success for a particular area
• Take on shared ownership of the weekly organizational metrics scorecardBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong experience with Tableau
• 10+ years of professional experience in business intelligence or a related field
• MA/MS degree
• Experience working with large data sets and software such as Microsoft Access, Cognos, Oracle Business Intelligence, Tableau, Microstrategy, AWS Quicksight, etc.
• Experience with AWS data services such as Redshift, Athena, Glue, S3, etc.
• Strong SQL proficiency
• Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• PhD in mathematics, statistics, or a data science related field
• Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and demonstrated ability to influence senior business leaders through verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
• Ability to communicate complex topics simply
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs./en/disability/us.