Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) is Amazon's global organization that constantly makes high judgment decisions across a wide breadth of constituents. We build and deliver services for Buyers, Sellers, Vendors and other customers. We ensure that Amazon is a safe and trustworthy place to shop and an amazing place to build a successful business selling products. We support our many partners in this journey. We face constant trade-offs and competing objectives that we need to appropriately balance. We have to do all of this at high scale which only happens through technology and science. We are also a large organization that leads on innovation in many areas, so we also play a critical role in helping Amazon more broadly beyond our own goals.
Within CTPS, the Selling Partner Abuse team launches products and services that detect and prevent abuse on our store before it impacts a customer. We work with business partners across the organization to find and close gaps that lead to abuse and create and enforce selling policies that help ensure we have a fair marketplace. Our product and program managers work hand in hand with our engineering and science partners to develop and implement innovative solutions that help Sellers become successful and stop bad actors at scale, globally.
We are seeking a candidate who loves solving complex problems, is passionate about stopping bad actors and protecting customers.
Your major responsibilities will include
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
• Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiencies.
• Designing and implementing complex ETL pipelines and other BI solutions.
• Work closely with business owners, developers, Business Intelligence Engineer to explore new data sources and deliver the data.
• Data modeling to support machine learning model training and offline, batch inference workflows.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• 3+ years of industry experience in Data Engineering, BI Engineer, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
• Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL, Python etc.
• Strong experience in Data Modeling, ELT Development, and Data Warehousing.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer or related field in a company with large, complex data sources.
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
• Familiarity with data quality automation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming