The North American Marketplace Sales Team is looking for a talented Business Intelligence Engineer to lead model development for lead prioritization and sales channel routing (human vs automation) across Marketplace category teams.
Background on Amazon Marketplace: The Marketplace or "Selling on Amazon" business exceeds 40% of total Amazon sales and is growing. Each year, thousands of businesses join new marketplaces adding millions of new products. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest product selection and lowest prices for our customers. One way we deliver on this vision is by recruiting and launching Sellers onto the platform and maximizing the quantity of items that they list while ensuring the highest quality of product images and information.
At Amazon, you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data environments. You will be responsible for solving complex big-data problems in our sales and category management spaces using a combination of your analytical and quantitative skill to identify growth opportunities and ensuring teams make data-driven decisions. An ideal candidate should have strong depth and breadth knowledge in data analysis and visualization, SQL, and data design. The candidate should have reasonable familiarity with cloud-based database solutions and a scripting language (e.g. Python, R). The candidate should be able to apply business knowledge to do broad data analysis as a precursor to analytics and to provide valuable business intelligence.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related technical field.
• 5+ years of relevant employment experience.
• 3+ years of hands on experience in SQL, Excel, Linux and OLAP
• 3+ years of hands on experience in SAS, R and/or Python (data extraction, manipulation, statistical analysis and predictive modeling)
• 2+ years of experience in projects involving cross-functional teams and successfully completing 3-6 projects
• 5+ years of experience in data mining using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• 5+ years of experience in driving actionable insights and successful completion of 5-10 high business impact projects
• Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams across the worldPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Machine Learning or related technical field.
• Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting and analysis.
• Experience with big data and object oriented programming languages (python, ruby, etc.).
• Experience in Machine learning (decision trees, multivariate and logistic regression, kNN, kMeans, etc.).
• Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau