Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent example of being named the #1 most trusted company for customers.
Amazon's Selling Abuse Partner Team is looking for an experienced BI Engineer to support various initiatives. The role will involve conducting analysis to drive key business decisions and shape the strategic direction of projects. The role will also require deep diving key metrics and using insights to make recommendations for internal process changes and reporting. This role will also be responsible for leadership reporting using AWS BI tools.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational/business planning
• Demonstrated strength in SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
• Good SQL skills
• Strong critical thinking and attention to detail
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with developers and Business user
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervisionPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
• Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Experience using Python, R, Scala, or other scripting languages to automate data retrieval, manipulation, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
• Experience in big-data using Hadoop, Hive, and other open-source tools/technologies
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
• Good work experience in BI Reporting tools and databases in a business environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.