At Amazon's Alexa Shopping, our vision is that Alexa will be the world's most knowledgeable product expert who knows you, in a store that sells everything. All those moments when we need or want to know more about the products we use every day, will have instant satisfaction of an answer: just ask Alexa. We are building a digital product expert that is always available, with super-human knowledge of every product ever made.
Business Intelligence Engineer is a newly created role to build world class business intelligence, analytics, and reporting systems for Alexa Shopping Product Advisor teams. You will be accountable for establishing performance measures and analytics to support key business decisions, facilitate creation of KPIs and KPMs, define standards on measurement, reporting and reviewing them and keep performance of Alexa services on track. You will work in an ambiguous, constantly changing environment and will be expected to balance detailed execution with speed and possess solid collaborative skills. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with various business owners to develop and define new solutions. This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. Cross-team coordination, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential.
We are working hard, moving fast and having lots of fun while building the world's best personal assistant, and we are growing. If this sounds like you, we would love to chat!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science Eng, Systems Eng., Statistics, Analytics, or a related field or an MBA
• 4+ years of experience with relevant technologies, enterprise reporting systems, data analytics.
• 4+ years of experience in working as an analytics or data engineering member working with cross functional teams.
• Experience working with data visualization tools and creating data visualization concepts. (Excel, Tableau, or similar)
• Experience of statistical analysis and tools such as SAS, R, or equivalent.
• Experience with reporting tools like QuickSight, Cognos, and others
• Familiarity with AWS RedShift and other distributed computing technologies preferred.
• Excellent knowledge and Expertise with SQL, Linux, OLAP, and Relational, NoSQL & Multi-dimensional Databases, Big Data
• • Excellent Knowledge of data warehousing concepts; coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
• Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasetsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills
• A deep empathy for the customer's experience and the ability to translate it to new BI metrics
• A background in machine learning models or natural language processing
• The ability to communicate, persuade and influence, both verbally and in writing
• Agile product development experience and skill