Position Summary BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE & DATA INTEGRATION MANAGER Job ID: 2972 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE & DATA INTEGRATION MANAGER Burnaby, BC An opportunity for a collaborative self-starter who is conversant with BI architecture and full-lifecycle BI and data integration development, and capably balances competing priorities and deadlines, to support and lead data integrity and quality across BC Housing
Reporting to a Manager of Business Applications Development, you will design and develop data analytics and integration solutions for both internal and external audiences, which will see you managing all aspects of the development lifecycle and ensuring that all data analytics applications and data integration solutions meet integrity and quality control standards.
As a Business Intelligence & Data Integration Manager, you will also provide 2 nd level support in tuning production reports for optimal performance, develop SQL queries for complex data requests, and facilitate integration issues between source and target applications. Your ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential information will be crucial in this role, as you will have access to data runs and manipulations involving confidential HR, payroll and other business data. QUALIFICATIONS
Your expertise is well supported by a degree or diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science, and 4+ years' experience encompassing the following areas: small-to-medium projects, interacting with project managers, business analysts and technical resources such as application development team members and users; operational reporting application design and development; and complete lifecycle data warehouse development projects. You will also call on the following knowledge and skill set as a BI & Data Integration Manager:
- Experience in enterprise reporting, BI toolsets, and data integration, preferred.
- Well-rounded and hands-on BI design and development skills, and data modelling and data analysis skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into user-friendly analytic models.
- Self-starting disposition with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a larger team of business users and analysts.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion.
- Ability and experience working under pressure to meet changing deadlines due to shifting priorities.
- Strong systems analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify, describe and resolve technical issues.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to present information effectively during presentations, demonstrations and project meetings.
- Excellent technical writing skills to effectively complete requirements, design and operational documents.
- A broad understanding of BI architecture, and full lifecycle BI and integration development.
- Working familiarity with the following software and languages:
- Software components:
- BI Tools - SSRS, SSAS, WebFOCUS, InfoAssist, Power BI
- Integration Tools - SSIS, DataMigrator, Oracle SOA Suite, iWay Service Manager, BPEL, Web Services, SOAP UI
- Database, e.g. DDL, DML, SQL, PL/SQL
- Web Standards/Specifications, e.g. XML, XSD, SOAP, REST, WSDL
- Good interpersonal, organizational and project leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information using judgment and discretion.
Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
To view the job descriptio please click here: Job Description
and to apply for the role of BI & Data Integration Manager click on 'Apply now' below
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application as a single Word or pdf file. Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted.
BC Housing-one of BC's Top Employers for 2018
and one of Canada's Greenest Employers for 2018
-is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
www.bchousing.org Have Questions? Please see below for some useful information.
Follow us on Facebook , Twitter + LinkedIn