JYSK is one of the world's leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers. First established in Denmark in 1979, JYSK operates retail stores which sell everything for your home throughout Europe and internationally and are now present across 50 countries with over 2,600 stores.
Although JYSK today is a global business, the company is managed based on its Scandinavian roots. This reflects in JYSK's company culture and the way it does business.
The first Canadian JYSK store was opened in Coquitlam, BC in 1996. Today, JYSK operates 62 stores across Canada, including locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec.
JYSK Canada is currently seeking a BI Developer
to join our IT Department. The position will be based at our Head Office located in Coquitlam, BC.
As part of our IT team you will be joining a team of skilled Colleagues which strength is to operate in an agile environment. You're passionate about software development and finds motivation in contributing in the full process of software development.
We are using the full Microsoft stack from Windows to Azure and the candidate we are looking for should be interested in working within that offering of software/services. Key Accountabilities:
You Bring dedication and...
- Provide day to day to support for the existing solutions and processes and the business users
- Work remotely with users in our European locations.
- Carry out detailed design and development of ETL using SSIS, Azure Data Factory and other tools.
- Design and develop OLAP and Tabular Cubes using SSAS and Azure Data Warehouse within the agreed methodologies, standards and quality levels.
- Work with local country teams on building reports using SSRS, PowerBI and other reporting solutions.
- Investigate and implement new technologies in Data Warehousing and BI as they become available
- Deliver all necessary ETL/Cube development work (technical specifications, coding and unit testing) required to support the delivery
- Report progress of own ETL/Cube development work against agreed plans, taking necessary action to keep work plans in line with agreed milestones
- Documentation on development, testing and deployment tasks.
You are passionate about IT and software development and as a skilled BI Developer you are continuously striving to improve your skill set. We expect that you:
You Meet possibilities and...
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience in Microsoft SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Experience in Azure cloud-based technologies like Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse, PowerBI etc.
- Strong database skills in SQL Server 2008-2016 - T-SQL, Stored procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexing, Constraints and MDX/DAX
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and dimensional Data-modelling
- Experience building data-marts and data warehouses
- Experience of Database performance tuning techniques
- Experience with GIT, PowerShell, JSON
- Experience with SSAS Tabular Models and SQL Server column store indexing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited University required, preferably in Computer Science, Business, Management Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in BI/Data Warehouse technologies
- A relaxed and open-minded atmosphere, lots of cooperation and sparring with skilled Colleagues at all levels in the organization
- A job with rich possibilities to influence the demanding technical solutions
- A corporate culture with a short distance from decision to action
- A job where you get a great opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
- A workplace in an exciting international company, where dynamism, expansion and development have a high priority.
- A salary which match your qualifications and experience
JYSK Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and all other conditions of employment. As a company, we have developed l programs and policies that address and recognize our objective to ensure that our work environment remains free of discrimination and harassment of any kind and promotes and recognizes the diverse backgrounds of our Colleagues. JYSK Canada will accommodate both internal and external applications throughout the hiring process.
All employment decisions at JYSK are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended. We consider all applications on the basis of individual qualification for the particular position and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic.
JYSK Canada is committed to the value of equal employment opportunity for all Colleagues and the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019