BuildDirect is reinventing the home improvement industry with the first artificial intelligence (AI)-driven technology platform for heavyweight products. The BuildDirect platform includes two core business units:
- BuildDirect Marketplace: An online marketplace that offers Homeowners and Pro Buyers the ability to purchase heavyweight home improvement products direct from Sellers and receive efficient direct-to-home (or jobsite) shipping of those products.
- Gateway Supply Chain: The first anywhere-to-the-home supply chain for heavy and bulky goods that equips manufacturers, distributors and retailers with efficient and cost-effective shipping solutions to move their products from anywhere in the world, to locations across North America.
The platform is powered by proprietary AI, machine learning, and predictive analytics that drives robust efficiencies for the innovation of heavyweight product services, distribution, and sales across buyers, sellers, shippers, and everyone in between.
BuildDirect is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with warehouse locations across North America.
The Business Developer will be responsible for attracting, landing, growing and retaining our B2B customers and partners. You are responsible for successfully seeking and selling to our different customer segments.What You’ll Do
What You’ll Achieve
- Network and leverage BuildDirect’s current strategic accounts to increase incremental revenue
- Generate, identify and execute new strategic leads (large US contracting, Real Estate and Development companies)
- Prospect, onboard and grow new large strategic accounts
- Build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with B2B customer segments and internal departments to create a better customer experience
- Create and execute annual strategic account plans, to include product forecasts and revenue targets.
- Collaborate with Seller Teams and the customers to negotiate pricing and contracts.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop sales and marketing collateral
- Identify and rectify business/relationship pain points
- Work with Marketing to develop promotions and campaigns specific to the needs of your customers
What You’ll Need
- Grow existing account’s repeat business and lifetime value
- Acquire new strategic accounts to the point of first purchase and beyond
- Achieve ambitious incremental revenue targets
- Develop a referral program within owned accounts
- Identify opportunities to improve or enhance the customer experience
- Contribute to team results and support the success of others by providing assistance and expertise
- Achieve a high frequency of touch points throughout the customer journey for a positive and proactive customer experience
What You Must Have
- Takes ownership of customer problems and finds ways to solve them independently
- The skills to establish rapport with customers to facilitate the likelihood of retention
- Proficiency with multi-tasking, prioritizing, and managing time effectively
- A desire to challenge the status quo and find the most effective ways to get the job done
- Competitiveness, always striving to close the deal and do what it takes to meet customer needs
- A track record of closing large repeat clients and accounts, and of meeting or exceeding quotas
- Cross-category knowledge an asset
- Previous B2B Sales experience an asset
- Persistence and a drive to overcome barriers and find ways to solve problems creatively to benefit both the customer and the organization
- High degree of empathy and the ability to see other’s perspective
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better everyday
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- Team player who is willing to collaborate
Posted: October 12, 2018
Closes: December 11, 2018