As one of the top revenue driving brands in the Match Group (the owner of Tinder, OkCupid, Match.com), and with over 100M users and 50,000 new users per day, PlentyOfFish has a unique opportunity for optimizing our business using data.
We are looking for someone to be a part of our extraordinary Strategy & Analytics team, who would work cross-functionally with the rest of the organization to help identify, understand, and correct business and product challenges facing PlentyOfFish. The Business Analyst will deliver high-quality strategic and tactical analysis; will collaborate with the product, engineering, data science, business intelligence, customer service, and marketing teams. We are looking for people with strong quantitative training, deep knowledge of what makes a business successful, a passion for telling stories with insights gleaned from data, and the ability to communicate results clearly to non-technical colleagues.
If you have a detail-oriented, creative mind and love complex challenges, we want to hear from you. So, what will you do?
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Quantitatively analyze user behavior to help determine product strategy and drive business decisions, including driving learning from split tests
- Provide management with deep dive quantitative analyses and present them in an immediately usable format, extracting key insights from massive, complex data sets
- Collaborate with the data science, product management, and data engineering teams to share and develop knowledge
- Identify opportunities to automate repetitive analyses
- Become a business-minded, analytical expert in either our Core Engagement (Matching & Messaging) or Protect and Care teams (identity fraud, and customer success)
- 1-3 years professional experience using quantitative analysis to make business-focused recommendations
- Strong understanding of incrementality and sizing business problems and opportunities
- Proven achievements resulting from data analysis in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Experience with ambiguous and complex analytical assignments
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts such as confidence, normal distribution, correlation, linear regression, and linear programming
- Familiarity with SQL or other query languages
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (no VBA required)
- Vertical skillset that encompases problem identification, analysis, solution definition, and results communication
What this role is not:
- Experience with financial analysis, statistical analysis, and clickstream data
- Experience in an internal or external management consulting/advisory role
- Have held a similar position at an online dating, social networking, or subscription-based business
- You're a user of PlentyOfFish or other online dating service
- Focused on requirements gathering
- Data science (although we do love it!)
- Business Intelligence Analyst
Incredible growth and career development opportunities to help you reach your career goals. A personal professional development budget as well as opportunities to attend major conferences and access to learning resources.
Competitive salary, health benefits, RRSP Matching, extended paid vacation time, Flex days and so much more. Work alongside some of the most talented, passionate and driven individuals who are dedicated to helping people all over the world make meaningful connections.
Awesome state of the art office located in downtown with amazing views and easy access to transit. We have a fun and casual culture, we have frequent outings to local restaurants and our Christmas party is legendary. Come work with us and become part of an amazing culture.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019