As one of the top revenue driving brands in the Match Group (the owner of Tinder, OkCupid, Match.com), and with over 100M users and 50,000 new users per day, Plenty of Fish has a unique opportunity for optimizing our business using data.
We are looking for someone to be a part of our extraordinary Strategy & Analytics team, who would work cross-functionally with the rest of the organization to help identify, understand, and correct business and product challenges facing Plenty of Fish. The Senior Business Analyst will deliver high-quality strategic and tactical analysis; will have direct interaction with the management team as well as collaborating with the product, engineering, data science, and marketing teams. We are looking for people with strong quantitative training, experience in data manipulation, savviness with modern tools for working with very significant volumes of unstructured and structured data, a passion for visualization, and the ability to communicate results clearly to non-technical colleagues. Bonus points for having technical or deeper statistical analysis experience.
If you have a detail-oriented, creative mind and love complex challenges, we want to hear from you. So, what will you do?
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Analyze user behavior to help determine product strategy and drive business decisions
- Analyze the results of split tests to determine if a product change is a net positive or negative for our members and the business
- Proactively analyse data to provide the company with actionable recommendations on how to optimize our product
- Provide management with deep dive analyses and present them in an immediately usable format, extracting key insights from complex data sets
- Stay abreast of daily changes in the vitals of our business - user acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization
- Collaborate with the data science, product management, and data operations teams to share and develop knowledge
- Expertly ingest all current internal data provisions and come up with smart ways to present them in a concise manner
- Incorporate external trends and third-party intelligence into roadmaps, short-term and long-term direction
- Automate repetitive analyses with decision support tools and reporting to enable the broader business to gather insights independently
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and developments at key competitors
- 2-5 years professional experience
- Training in business, analytics, management science, applied math, statistics, or economics
- Experience with web and mobile app analytics platforms
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts such as confidence, normal distribution, correlation, and linear regression
- Familiarity with SQL or other query languages
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (no Visual Basic for Applications required)
- Ability to create and understand complex data sets to generate new ideas and product strategies
- Proven achievements resulting from data analysis in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Strong interest in two sided marketplace problems
- Vertical skill set that encompasses problem identification, analysis, solution definition, and results communication
- Acute understanding of how to generate and communicate data through metrics, KPIs, reports, and exploratory platforms
- Hands-on approach, getting things done fast and correctly
- Experience with financial analysis, statistical analysis, and event-based big data analytics systems
- Experience in an internal or external management consulting/advisory role
- Have held a similar position at an online dating, social networking, or subscription-based business
- You're a user of Plenty of Fish or other online dating service
At Plenty of Fish, the foundation of our success has always been our people, and their dedication to making connections and conversations happen for our users.
Since 2003, we’ve been growing a team of passionate, driven individuals to build and enhance our platform that’s used by millions of people all over the world, every single day.
We’ve gotten to where we are by cultivating a high-performance culture, operating responsibly, and investing in our technology and our people. At Plenty of Fish, we embrace our work, and relish a cause for celebration.