Join GroupHEALTH Benefit Solutions® today and become part of an organization that istransforming the way Canadian’s experience benefits.Our mission is simple
;We develop and deliver the most cost-effective employee benefits solutions to Canadian businesses.GroupHEALTH is accelerating - and you provide the fuel
The Business Analyst
designs and documents work flow, manages and provides solutions to new business unit ideas, trends, and concepts appropriately through the latest technological paths.The ideal candidate will work with the current PMO Director, Business Analysts and Project managers to analyse, and document current & desired business processes.Outcomes:30days:
- Become familiar with the Family of Companies and the organizational structure within IT
- Learn about our customers and clients. Who uses our systems?
- Setup time to gain knowledge and relationships with fellow team members in IT (PM, BA, Devs, QA etc.)
- Understanding Developers roles and what systems they work on
- Knowledge of the data flows, reports, business processes from as many departments as possible
- Start working on at least one project
- Progressively begin building your own personal brand within the company by showcasing what you do well.
- Work with PMO director and/or PMO lead on reporting and project/support tickets allocations
- Work with the PMO to support the Project Review Committee initiative
- At the end of 60 days you should be able to complete requirements for one or two projects, see it through release and work on multiple support tickets
- Solid understanding of the Benefits industry and what we do.
- Knowledge of all internal systems and what department benefits from them
- Clear understanding of GHFOC administrative systems & integrations used across FoC
- Good understanding of company wide process flows. All departments.
- Help with Project Management/QA as needed.
- Take on additional projects
- Assist team in developing and maintaining PMO standards and procedures
Education and Experience:
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents using standard templates and processes
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Identify and develop business and systems requirements for projects using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and develop functional requirements
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of product to meet the client’s business needs
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Support multiple concurrent projects
- Support the project manager in developing full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software
- Managing any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Develop best practices and tools for business analysis and project management
Want to be part of a rapidly growing company that is transforming the way Canadian’s experience benefits? Apply now!
- University degree or college diploma in the field of Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, or comparable areas
- 3 or more years’ direct work experience in a business analyst capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Certification in Business Analysis
- Strong technical background
- Familiarity with processes such as UML, use cases, test plans.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Word, Excel, MS project, Visio, Jira, Confluence.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of business analysis
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Proven experience in business analysis, planning and change management
We thank everyone who applies to the role; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.