We're Frozen Mountain Software
and we are all about connecting people, everywhere, to what matters most. We're a hidden gem that is based in the heart of Surrey, BC (the fastest-growing city in the province!). We were awarded Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers in 2018 and 2019 and we were featured in the City of Surrey's 2017-2027 Economic Strategy for our commitment to nurturing a great culture.
At Frozen Mountain, we also do everything we can to look after our FM Family (employees!) from flexible work hours, remote work days, tons of free food and snacks, and awesome company events are just the beginning. The teams themselves are high impact, A-players
who are incredibly brilliant!
We are always looking to expand our products into new and exciting areas such VR, Google Glass, iOT devices and any other exciting technology that comes our way! We are currently seeking a Business Analyst
to join our Product team.
What you will be doing:
- Speak to business, customers, and other stakeholders directly, interpret and confirm their behavior and translate that for developers with clear documentation
- Think big: become a subject matter expert for your project, so that you can help account for the impacts changes will have across system(s)
- Work with the team to implement Scrum effectively, including acting as the Scrum Master if and as needed
- Support Quality Assurance with test planning and documentation as needed.
- Work with UX/UI designers to implement suggestions and account for development effort where applicable
We're often asked, \"what does it take to succeed at Frozen Mountain?\" You've got to have a huge appetite for learning, take ownership, and be smart without having an ego. Here at FM, we believe in the FORCE!
(Family, Ownership, Resourcefulness, Community, Excellence) Is the FORCE
strong within you? Below are more details of what we are looking for in this role.The must-haves:
- Business Analyst experience (2-5 years), which should cover
- Ability to effectively listen and elicit information from a broad range of stakeholders (developers to executives)
- Experience using that information in building requirements, detailed specifications, testing plans and strategies in agile and cloud-focused development environments
- Excellence in communication in all forms
- Comfortable and successful in a fast-paced environment, able to manage multiple tasks, to adapt, make decisions and deliver results in changing situations
- Ability and desire to investigate and understand advanced technologies, expand your knowledge base and learn new skills
- Agile and Scrum experience
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skill set
- Strong project management skills, including managing multiple projects simultaneously
What's in it for you?
- Basic (or advanced!) coding knowledge, as our customers are often also developers and features may focus on providing enhancements to developer tools
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Familiarity with roadmapping tools, ideally Aha!
- Scrum Master experience
- Competitive salary, and we're not just saying that! We compare our salaries to local averages to make sure that we stay ahead.
- Extended Health Benefits paid 100% by the company, RRSP matching up to 5%
- Internal opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Awesome staff events
- Comfortable, ergonomic work spaces with top-notch hardware
- Yearly allowance for branded clothing and swag ($100 to spend)
- Work-from-home days, flexible office hours, and a relaxed office environment
- A space where egos are checked at the door, sleeves are rolled up to lend you a hand, ping pong is serious business and where the CEO will know you by name, rather than by number.
Created by brothers Anton and Jerod Venema in 2008, FM has grown to over 50 employees, and 500 customers in 47 countries worldwide. Through technology and innovation, we inspire and enable development teams through industry leading enterprise-class real-time streaming and analytic solutions. With products built from the ground up, we live and breathe RTC technology. Come work for a company that is built by Developers, for Developers!
Frozen Mountain is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.