Please review the job details below.
You will join a senior, high-functioning team of experienced business development professionals tasked with business strategy, leadership of research and development, and pursuit and capture of complex major contracts in the Canadian market and select international markets.
As an integrated member of the team, you will perform a range of functions in support of the activities above. T his role is a 4 month contract with the possibility of extension starting in September 202 0 . In this role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in all segments of the business development life-cycle from opportunity identification through contract signature. This represents a great opportunity for a candidate who has career aspirations to be a leader in business.
You will perform many different functions including but not limited to: market research and analysis; competitive analysis; pursuit and proposal planning support; proposal writing and editing; and financial and economic analysis.
While skills and capabilities are important criteria, the following key characteristics are more important criteria in the selection of the successful candidate for this position:
- Initiative and Drive - ability to take on assignments defined by goals and outcomes and figure out how to achieve those goals and outcomes.
- Team Work - ability to work as an integrated member of the team with a strong focus on the team success above individual success.
- Creativity and Imagination - ability to look at assignments from a creative, out-of-the-box perspective to help MDA to win new business.
- Delivery - in the fast-paced, highly variable world of business development, we count on our team members to deliver on their commitments both in terms of outcomes and on schedule.
- Multi-Tasking - ability to juggle multiple assignments and tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately.
The ideal candidate would have all of the capabilities listed below. However, we encourage candidates who have key characteristics above and a willingness to learn and stretch themselves to apply even if they do not have all of the capabilities and skills below. The nature of business development is that there is always a great deal of learning-on-the-job. Note that there is no specific requirement on the faculty or type of degree that a candidate is pursuing - the successful candidate could come from any program.
- Writing - strong ability to write well in a clear, compelling and concise manner
- Editing - strong ability to edit writing from other authors, particularly engineers, to make it clear, compelling and concise.
- Research - ability to independently source information from a range of different sources including on-line, written and human interaction (verbal).
- Analysis - ability to synthesize and draw inferences and conclusions from diverse information
- Communication - ability to communicate in different forms (written, presentation, verbal) the results of research and analysis to other team members and to broader MDA staff.
- Organization - ability to plan and organize activities in a logical manner.
- Technical - ability to use or invest time to learn to use Visual Basic, Power Bi, and MS Office products including primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program. Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.